The son of Vice President Joe Biden is undergoing unspecified treatment, according to a statement put out by Joe Biden’s office.
Beau Biden, 41, is the current attorney general of Delaware. He was long-rumored to be planning a run for his father’s vacated Senate seat in elections this fall after returning from a year of military service in Iraq, but announced in January he would remain in Delaware as Attorney General.
- Graduated from University of Pennsylvania and Syracuse University College of Law.
- Married, with two children.
- Worked in the U.S. Department of Justice from 1995 to 1997.
- Worked as an attorney in Philadelphia’s United States Attorney’s Office from 1997 to 2002.
- Had a private practice as an attorney from 2002 until 2007, when he was elected as Delaware’s Attorney General.
- Began a one year deployment as a captain in Delaware’s National Guard in Oct. 2008; returned to the state in Oct. 2009.
- Announced in January 2010 that he would not pursue his father’s long-held Delaware U.S. Senate seat.