The Poison frontman-turned-reality TV star has had several high-profile health problems in recent months.
Michaels is in the news again this weekend after being diagnosed with a heart condition. Doctors believe that the newly discovered hole in his heart may have led him to suffer a warning stroke earlier this week. This latest hospitalization follows a life-threatening brain hemorrhage on April 20 and an emergency appendectomy in early April.
– Born Bret Michael Sychak on March 15, 1963. Has two children.
- Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at age 6.
- Rose to fame in the mid-1980s as the frontman of the hair-metal band Poison. Hit songs included “Every Rose Has Its Thorn”, “Nothin’ But a Good Time” and “Unskinny Bop”
- Debuted a reality show, Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, in 2007 on VH1. The series featured 20 women competing to be Michael’s “Rock Star Girlfriend.” The show was a hit for the network, renewed for two additional seasons
- Currently a contestant on Donald Trump’s Celebrity Apprentice. Despite his recent hospitalization, Michaels still hopes to attend the show’s season finale tomorrow.