Since June 18, Toronto police have arrested 562 protesters in conjunction with the G8 and G-20 conferences. No serious injuries have been reported, but the demonstrations turned destructive by the conference’s end, with cars lit on fire and windows smashed. Here are 10 shocking scenes from the protests.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots