After a heated argument with a passenger, JetBlue flight attendant Steven Slater launched into a curse-filled tirade on the PA system, then escaped the plane on the emergency slide. Oh, it gets better.
Check out what’s so fantastic about this story. (And then see 20 more reasons to hate the airlines.)
- Before he exited, he grabbed a beer from the beverage cart.
- After sliding down the emergency chute, he got on the Air Train, removed his company tie and threw it to the ground.
- NBC New York: “When authorities found Slater he seemed to be in the midst of having sexual relations.”
- When the cops came to get him, a neighbor working on a nearby roof said he “had a smile on his face when the cops brought him out, like, ‘Yeah, big deal.’ ”
- He got to do what so many people wish they could do — tell off a rude customer, then quit, triumphantly. Which makes him, for today at least, an Internet folk hero.