Nine-time U.S. Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis has set his sights on a seat in the New Jersey State Senate, moving from spiked cleats to wingtips as he tries to gain the same success in politics as he did on the track.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado