Nine-time U.S. Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis has set his sights on a seat in the New Jersey State Senate, moving from spiked cleats to wingtips as he tries to gain the same success in politics as he did on the track.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots