Four days after he told the nation that Osama bin Laden had been killed by U.S. operatives, Barack Obama made his first trip to Ground Zero as president to participate in a a short, and mostly silent, wreath laying ceremony at the 9/11 Memorial.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots