New York City’s Department of Transportation announced that it would be using new digital displays of skeletons to warn speeding drivers to slow down. Here are a few more creative ways that cities have tried to make roads safer.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado
- Guinness World Records 2014: Wackiest Highlights