On Monday, the first stock trading day since the S&P downgrade of America’s credit, the market slid down 634.76 points. Tuesday, newspapers across the U.S. and the world reacted to the news with ominous headlines and, of course, images of downtrodden traders. Here are the day’s best headlines.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado