As Hurricane Irene swirls through the Atlantic and appears on a beeline path for the Carolinas, Twitter has become the ultimate source for real-time information about her wind speed, location and impending direction. Here are the tweeters you should be following to keep up with where Irene could make landfall.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots