The first Saturday of the college football season will certainly fire up the stadium lights—and more than a handful of television sets and barbecues—on Sept. 3. But plenty more than lights will start up this season.
More Photography from Time
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots