Before Marilyn Monroe became an icon of American fashion and cinema, 20-year-old Norma Jeane Dougherty started her career by posing for Blue Book Modeling Agency. Now, unseen images of the bombshell before she was a blonde are up for auction, along with an unexpected bonus.
More Photography from Time
- A Night to Remember: New York Puppy Prom 2013
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.