Newspapers across the world showed the glory – and the gory – this morning after Thursday’s killing of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. Some showed the rebels joy, others reveled in the bloody death shot. The prevailing attitude was one of celebration – though we still remain hopelessly confused about the proper spelling of Gaddafi’s name.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots