Over the past few weeks, at least 85 dolphins have stranded themselves at Cape Cod, closing in on the amount of dolphins usually recorded as stranded in an entire year. As experts ponder the reasoning behind the strandings, volunteers are helping to save the beached mammals.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado