Though crowded with American history, Atlanta’s Auburn Avenue attracts few visitors beyond the key landmarks in the life of Martin Luther King Jr. Last week the street was placed on the National Register of Historic Places’ 11 Most Endangered list for the second time since 1992. Associated Press photographer David Goldman documents what the neighborhood is like today.
More Photography from Time
- A Night to Remember: New York Puppy Prom 2013
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.