Though crowded with American history, Atlanta’s Auburn Avenue attracts few visitors beyond the key landmarks in the life of Martin Luther King Jr. Last week the street was placed on the National Register of Historic Places’ 11 Most Endangered list for the second time since 1992. Associated Press photographer David Goldman documents what the neighborhood is like today.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots