Though crowded with American history, Atlanta’s Auburn Avenue attracts few visitors beyond the key landmarks in the life of Martin Luther King Jr. Last week the street was placed on the National Register of Historic Places’ 11 Most Endangered list for the second time since 1992. Associated Press photographer David Goldman documents what the neighborhood is like today.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado