June is LGBT Pride Month — a period of celebration for the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered communities of the world — marked by marches, parades and parties in cities from Athens to Tel Aviv to New York City.
More Photography from Time
- America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places
- A Night to Remember: New York Puppy Prom 2013
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week