Yousuf Karsh photographed many of the most important figures of the 20th century, from heads of state to movie stars. On the 10th anniversary of his death, TIME’s photo editors bring you a selection of some of his rare, color potraits. To see more of Yousuf Karsh’s work, visit karsh.org.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots