Yousuf Karsh photographed many of the most important figures of the 20th century, from heads of state to movie stars. On the 10th anniversary of his death, TIME’s photo editors bring you a selection of some of his rare, color potraits. To see more of Yousuf Karsh’s work, visit karsh.org.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado