Runners and walkers dressed in light emitting suits take part in a mass participation public art piece called ‘Speed of Light’ on August 8, 2012 in Edinburgh, Scotland. The piece which forms part of the annual Edinburgh Festival is set to illuminate the iconic natural monument as hundreds of people make their way up and around, creating streaks of light as they go.
More Photography from Time
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day