Moses, a seven-and-a-half month old elephant calf, was found alone and close to death in the Vwanza Wildlife Reserve in Malawi, near the border with Zambia. But the orphaned baby elephant was adopted by Jenny Webb, owner of the Jumbo Foundation, who now cares for him at her home in Lilongwe, Malawi.
More Photography from Time
- America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places
- A Night to Remember: New York Puppy Prom 2013
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week