Moses, a seven-and-a-half month old elephant calf, was found alone and close to death in the Vwanza Wildlife Reserve in Malawi, near the border with Zambia. But the orphaned baby elephant was adopted by Jenny Webb, owner of the Jumbo Foundation, who now cares for him at her home in Lilongwe, Malawi.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots