Moses, a seven-and-a-half month old elephant calf, was found alone and close to death in the Vwanza Wildlife Reserve in Malawi, near the border with Zambia. But the orphaned baby elephant was adopted by Jenny Webb, owner of the Jumbo Foundation, who now cares for him at her home in Lilongwe, Malawi.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado