The biggest January storm to hit the Mideast in 30 years has led to havoc, as many countries in the usually arid region were unprepared for torrential downpours and snowfall. Jordan saw a foot of snow that snarled roads and airports, and heavy rains flooded parts of the West Bank. At least eight people have died, most in Lebanon where flooded and frozen roads are making for treacherous driving conditions.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots