The biggest January storm to hit the Mideast in 30 years has led to havoc, as many countries in the usually arid region were unprepared for torrential downpours and snowfall. Jordan saw a foot of snow that snarled roads and airports, and heavy rains flooded parts of the West Bank. At least eight people have died, most in Lebanon where flooded and frozen roads are making for treacherous driving conditions.
More Photography from Time
- America’s 11 Most Endangered Historic Places
- A Night to Remember: New York Puppy Prom 2013
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week