The biggest January storm to hit the Mideast in 30 years has led to havoc, as many countries in the usually arid region were unprepared for torrential downpours and snowfall. Jordan saw a foot of snow that snarled roads and airports, and heavy rains flooded parts of the West Bank. At least eight people have died, most in Lebanon where flooded and frozen roads are making for treacherous driving conditions.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado
It's not rare!. jerusalm and big parts of israel as also other northen middle eastern countries except for coastal and below sea level parts, do have snow every winter!
It is normal in the Middle East . Do you want to monopolize the weather phenomenon to be just in Europe ?!