The city’s largest fire in seven years took nearly 200 firefighters about two hours to extinguish as the blaze ripped through an abandoned warehouse on the city’s South Side Tuesday night. Firefighters had to contend with treacherous conditions and frozen equipment as they battled the flames amid the frigid 10-degree weather.
More Photography from Time
- A Night to Remember: New York Puppy Prom 2013
- Wild at Art: Astonishing Paintings, Sculptures, and Photographs by Animal Artists
- Dogs Rescued from Oklahoma Tornado Find Shelter in Boca Raton
- Words with Foes: Spelling Bee Contestants Put on Their Game Faces
- 20 Timeless Photos That Made Our Week
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.