The city’s largest fire in seven years took nearly 200 firefighters about two hours to extinguish as the blaze ripped through an abandoned warehouse on the city’s South Side Tuesday night. Firefighters had to contend with treacherous conditions and frozen equipment as they battled the flames amid the frigid 10-degree weather.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado