Photographers from more than 170 countries contributed to the 6th annual Sony World Photography Awards, whose winner is announced Feb. 5. Here are some of the shortlisted finalists.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado
The ladybug on the dandelion is one of my favorites, but that is not the "last pollen spore", that is a fully formed seed, ready to fly on the lightest of breezes. A clever strategy to allow the plant to colonize new spaces.
It recalls my memory to the several award winning suspencs/horror film 0f 1963 " THE BIRDS". Unfortunately Alfred Hitchcock is no with us, other wise he should had an opportunity to direct a film based on actual documentry.
I love the ladybug Macro,,, but for my money the Samuel Jones photo of the African kid is the best. Although a very serious subject indeed, the 'dementia' shot looks too staged and a bit corny.
Beautiful photo of Barack and Michelle Obama. Looks like a 1950's date in the soda fountain before going to the hop at the school gym.