In his first year succeeding legendary Bill Walsh as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, George Seifert won Super Bowl XXIV: The ‘Niners routed Denver, 55-10. Five years later, Seifert won a second championship, when San Francisco crushed the San Diego Chargers, 49-26. Despite these successes, Seifert, unlike Walsh, won’t be remembered as an all-time great, especially because of his 2001 season, when Seifert led the Carolina Panthers to a 1-15 record.
- How Do You Take Over for a Legend?
- Tim Cook / Steve Jobs
- Joe Girardi / Joe Torre
- Coco Chanel / Karl Lagerfeld
- Bob Paisley / Bill Shankly
- Sammy Hagar / David Lee Roth
- Gene Bartow / John Wooden
- Jay Leno / Johnny Carson
- Tim Floyd / Phil Jackson
- Lyndon B. Johnson / John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Drew Carey / Bob Barker
- Ben Bernanke / Alan Greenspan
- George Seifert / Bill Walsh
- Jennifer Lopez / Simon Cowell
- Pope Benedict XVI / Pope John Paul II