No first family captured the imagination of the American public like the Kennedys, and no position is bigger than Leader of the Free World. More than anybody else on this list, Lyndon Baines Johnson was stepping into big shoes when he took the oath of office on November 22, 1963. While Johnson never achieved the status of his predecessor in the American imagination, he presided over some of the most consequestial legislation of the 20th century, including the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the creation of such programs as Medicare, Medicaid, and Head Start.
- How Do You Take Over for a Legend?
- Tim Cook / Steve Jobs
- Joe Girardi / Joe Torre
- Coco Chanel / Karl Lagerfeld
- Bob Paisley / Bill Shankly
- Sammy Hagar / David Lee Roth
- Gene Bartow / John Wooden
- Jay Leno / Johnny Carson
- Tim Floyd / Phil Jackson
- Lyndon B. Johnson / John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Drew Carey / Bob Barker
- Ben Bernanke / Alan Greenspan
- George Seifert / Bill Walsh
- Jennifer Lopez / Simon Cowell
- Pope Benedict XVI / Pope John Paul II