After the Chicago Bulls won the 1998 NBA championship, their sixth title in eight years, Michael Jordan retired – again — and Scottie Pippen was traded to the Houston Rockets. So Tim Floyd, the wonder-boy coach of Iowa State whom Bulls general manager Jerry Krause handpicked to succeed Phil Jackson, was dealt an ugly hand. But he did little to sweeten it. Floyd feuded with players and the front office, and utterly flopped. In four seasons with the Bulls, Floyd’s record was 49-190.
- How Do You Take Over for a Legend?
- Tim Cook / Steve Jobs
- Joe Girardi / Joe Torre
- Coco Chanel / Karl Lagerfeld
- Bob Paisley / Bill Shankly
- Sammy Hagar / David Lee Roth
- Gene Bartow / John Wooden
- Jay Leno / Johnny Carson
- Tim Floyd / Phil Jackson
- Lyndon B. Johnson / John F. Kennedy, Jr.
- Drew Carey / Bob Barker
- Ben Bernanke / Alan Greenspan
- George Seifert / Bill Walsh
- Jennifer Lopez / Simon Cowell
- Pope Benedict XVI / Pope John Paul II