Abandoning the safety harness and net of his previous walks, the well-known limit-pusher walked a quarter of a mile across a gorge near the Grand Canyon Sunday night. Braving gusty winds, the gutsy tightrope walker prayed nearly the entire way across the Little Colorado River Gorge in the event televised on the Discovery Channel. He successfully crossed in just over 22 minutes.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado