More than 61,000 revelers flocked to the Black Rock Desert in Nevada to create Black Rock City, a temporary community that springs up each year at the world-famous art and music festival. This year’s theme was Cargo Cult, signifying the return of ‘benevolent Visitors from Elsewhere’
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado
- Guinness World Records 2014: Wackiest Highlights
Could you please add the artist and title of the piece to Slide #6? The sculpture is called The Penrose Triangle and was created by Blake Courter and Blake Courtney. All about the project here: Penrosetriangle.com
I went to burning man. Had the chili. The farts were bodacious! I lit them with a torch. The force lifted me off the ground!
Even better than that was Burning Mogul - Day 3 of Herb Allen's Sun Valley Conference a couple of years ago...
I have a friend who just returned from there. He said he spent 8 hours yesterday getting the dust out of his van.