Griffin also made TIME’s round-up of the most influential fictional characters of 2013 because he is rumored to be making a comeback next year, and a Change.org petition calling for his return has racked up about 128,000 signatures so far.
Most of the canines dominating the conversation this year hail from major TV franchises, including the labrador on Downton Abbey and inspiration for the fake Twitter account ”@DowntonLabby“, as well as from dog pageants, like Jewel, the American foxhound that won the National Dog Show, and Walle, the hound/beagle/boxer mix that won the World’s Ugliest Dog competition.
Here’s DogTV’s full list:
- Brian Griffin (Family Guy)
- Baxter (Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues)
- Stella (Modern Family)
- Wilfred (Wilfred)
- Giggy (Vanderpump Rules and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills)
- Jewel (Winner of National Dog Show 2013)
- Walle (World’s Ugliest Dog 2013)
- Isis (Downton Abbey)
- Boomer (Google Nexus 7 Commercial star)
- Snoop Dogg (We see what they did there…)