Soon, you’ll be able to bring the organic, artisanal, socially-conscious and totally over-the-top foods of Portlandia into your own kitchen. Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein, the creators and stars of the beloved sketch comedy series, have inked a cookbook deal, New York magazine’s Grub Street reports.
The book will feature 50 recipes based around plot lines of the show, which is known for spoofing the yuppie, hipster and environmentalist trends popular in Portland, Oregon. Details about specific recipes have not yet been released, but we’ve got a few guesses:
- Chicken salad made from a local chicken that you raised in your backyard (and also you loved it and taught it Latin)
- Artisan popcorn casserole
- A kohlrabi burger wrapped in naan
- Pickled everything
- A vegan stew made entirely from items you found in a dumpster
- A cocktail with charred ice, lime zest and egg yellows
But alas, we’ll just have to wait and see. The book is expected to hit shelves this fall, Grub Street reports. The real question: Will they sell it at Portland’s beloved feminist bookstore, Women & Women First?