A modern version of bartering is gaining in popularity.
For years, men dominated the tempo and tenor of the financial industry. As the nation digs itself out of a monstrosity of debt, three women have been entrusted to help turn the tide in a positive direction.
“I do get discouraged, I mean, there are times where I thought the economy would [have] gotten better by now.”
– PRESIDENT OBAMA, addressing the slow economic recovery on CBS’s 60 Minutes on Sunday (via Slate)
A report released today reiterates an often ignored problem–that water isn’t the unlimited resource we often treat it like.
Confronting politicians on television: America’s #1 growth industry!
“We’re hardly Johnny-come-latelies on this issue. And when you put together what we’ve done, it’s made a difference.”
– BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States, on the country’s economic progress since he took office (Via …
As the economy stumbles through its post-recession roadblocks, some good news broke Thursday for entry-level job candidates. CNNMoney reveals a study which shows that salaries for recent graduates are stabilizing.
“We’ve tried 19 months of government-as-community organizer. It hasn’t worked. Our fresh start needs to begin now,”
– JOHN BOEHNER, House Minority Leader, on his suggestion that President Barack Obama fire his entire economic …
“Slowly, but surely, we are moving in the right direction. We’re on the right track. The economy is getting stronger,”
– PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA, on the state of the American economy, before an audience of residents in Columbus, Ohio
“This is just the beginning. China is still a developing country. So it has a lot of room to grow.”
– WANG TAO, economist at UBS in Beijing, on China overtaking Japan to become the world’s second-largest economy, now behind …
The Tuttle family has run the same New Hampshire farm for 11 generations. Now it’s up for sale.
The well has been capped 5,000 feet down. The surface oil is disappearing. Is it really time to roll up the cleanup? (via Ecocentric)