If a celebrity skates on television, and nobody knows who he is, does he make a sound when he falls on the ice?
ABC has come up with a brilliant idea — take the already-successful Dancing with the Stars, then add sharp blades. Put them together and you get Skating with the Stars, which will debut on Nov. 22, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
It would have been ideal to get the current cast of Dancing with the Stars — Bristol Palin and The Situation included — and watch them hilariously learn to ice skate. However, the current cast raises the question: Is it still considered Skating with the Stars when few people have heard of the contestants? Here’s who will be strapping on the skates:
- Rebecca Budig, actress, All My Children
- Bethenny Frankel (pictured), reality star, The Real Housewives of New York and Bethenny Getting Married?
- Jonny Moseley, Olympic gold medal-winning skier
- Vince Neil, Mötley Crüe frontman
- Brandon Mychal Smith, Disney star
- Sean Young, actress, The Young and the Restless
Dancing with the Stars contestants may have dubious claims to fame, but this seems a little bit of a stretch. (via The Hollywood Reporter)