Public restrooms generally bring to mind long lines and poor hygiene. But can they be as well-designed as the restaurant, theater or nightclub you’re visiting? The annual America’s Best Restroom contest aims to find those toilets that truly deserve to be called thrones. Cintas, a company that provides services to offices like uniforms, first aid and (naturally) restroom stocking and cleaning, has sponsored the contest for the past 10 years. Last year’s winner was the Field Museum in Chicago, while the year before The Fountain on Locust restaurant in St. Louis took the top prize. Online voting is open for the 11th annual Best Restroom winner through October 26. But first, check out the nominees.
The 10 Coolest Restrooms in America
Proving that there is indeed a contest for everything, check out the nominees for 2012's America's Best Restroom competition.
- Luxurious Loos
- Liberty Market, Gilbert, Arizona
- Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California
- Gitane Restaurant, San Francisco, California
- Mie N Yu Restaurant, Washington, DC
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago, Illinois
- Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Vanity Night Club, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano, New York, New York
- Buc-ee’s, New Braunfels, Texas
- Lane Stadium/Worsham Field at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia