If these awards included a “most improved” category, this would take the prize. The iconic Hollywood Bowl amphitheater hadn’t updated its restrooms in more than 30 years, but the new design was worth the wait. The new look is inspired by the 1920s, with black and white stalls and striped ceilings. Designers picked the green shade of the floors to match the Toyon tree, which is planted around the venue. But the quarters are also quite modern; in one of the Bowl’s restrooms there are green and red lights to indicated whether stalls are occupied.
The 10 Coolest Restrooms in America
Proving that there is indeed a contest for everything, check out the nominees for 2012's America's Best Restroom competition.
Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California
- Luxurious Loos
- Liberty Market, Gilbert, Arizona
- Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California
- Gitane Restaurant, San Francisco, California
- Mie N Yu Restaurant, Washington, DC
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago, Illinois
- Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Vanity Night Club, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano, New York, New York
- Buc-ee’s, New Braunfels, Texas
- Lane Stadium/Worsham Field at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia