Located in Washington’s tony Georgetown neighborhood, this Asian fusion restaurant serves what it calls “Silk Road-inspired regional American cuisine.” Restrooms aren’t the only ornately decorated part of Mie N Yu; the restaurant features multiple dining areas, each with decor reflecting destinations on the ancient Silk Road trading route like Morocco, Turkey and Tibet. The unisex washrooms themselves feature barrel sinks, old-fashioned faucets and a full-time attendant on weekends.
The 10 Coolest Restrooms in America
Proving that there is indeed a contest for everything, check out the nominees for 2012's America's Best Restroom competition.
Mie N Yu Restaurant, Washington, DC
- Luxurious Loos
- Liberty Market, Gilbert, Arizona
- Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, California
- Gitane Restaurant, San Francisco, California
- Mie N Yu Restaurant, Washington, DC
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago, Illinois
- Walker Art Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Vanity Night Club, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano, New York, New York
- Buc-ee’s, New Braunfels, Texas
- Lane Stadium/Worsham Field at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia