Oh, um, NewsFeed is terribly, terribly sorry, but, you see, Hugh Grant turns 50 today, so um, if it’s alright with you, we would like to, um, to present our five favorite befuddled Hugh Grant moments, but again, only if it’s OK by you.
5. Realizing That He is Dancing to the Pointer Sisters in Love Actually
Consider this a stand-in for the (sadly unembeddable) moment in this film when British children force Hugh to sing Christmas carols.
4. Being Confronted with the Mysteries of Childbirth in Nine Months
In tony English boarding schools, they apparently never taught Hugh where babies come from.
3. The Entirety of the Film Notting Hill
To quote Roger Ebert’s review of this film: “Once a woman spends the night with you, you can stop apologizing for breathing in her presence.”
2. Professing His Love at the Climax of Four Weddings and a Funeral
In case you didn’t realize, the lede of this article was NewsFeed’s impression of Hugh Grant in this clip.
1. Going on the Tonight Show After Being Arrested for Picking up a Prostitute
Damn you Hugh! If you would have just kept it in your pants America would have been spared the tyranny of Jay Leno!