Five to seven shots were fired at the Pentagon early Tuesday morning. The shooter, however, is still unkown.
At least two of the bullets contacted Pentagon windows, director of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency Steven Calvery said at a Tuesday news conference. He calls it “an isolated incident, so far.”
Several of Calvery’s officers heard the shots around 4:55 a.m., which prompted a brief shutdown of the Pentagon, as well as Interstate 395, the highway running south of the building.
The windows containing bullet fragments belong to a part of the building that is currently unoccupied due to renovation. No one was harmed. Though fragments from only two bullets had been discovered by midday, Calvery speculates that “there may be other bullet strikes on the building as well” and says the investigation is still underway. (via CNN and AP)