Is it because of better policing? Maybe the sluggish economy is driving more people to risk a life of crime. It could even be that some people just aren’t very good criminals. Whatever it is, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency has come up with some major busts over the past few weeks, most recently a routine traffic stop that turned out to yield $10 million in cocaine in a California couple’s rental car.
More Photography from Time
- Prince Harry Returns to the U.S.
- Up in the Air: Celebrate World Migratory Bird Day
- The Empire State Building: A City Icon Turns 82 Amid Battle to Go Public
- Behind the Curtain: An Open Audition for the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall
- PHOTOS: U.S. Newspapers Lead with Explosions at Boston Marathon Finish Line
- Lindsay Lohan’s Brushes With the Law … in Mug Shots