Is it because of better policing? Maybe the sluggish economy is driving more people to risk a life of crime. It could even be that some people just aren’t very good criminals. Whatever it is, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency has come up with some major busts over the past few weeks, most recently a routine traffic stop that turned out to yield $10 million in cocaine in a California couple’s rental car.
More Photography from Time
- Metro North Train Derailment: See Photos From the Scene
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Photos: Balloons Take Flight
- The Face of a Criminal As He Gets Older — And More Insane
- The 11 Most Memorable Selfies of 2013
- Portrait of the Baby as a Young Napper: Artist Creates Magical Snapshots Imagining Her Son’s Dreams
- Intense Rains Cause Deadly Flash Floods in Northern Colorado